Empowered Patient Coalition, Gainesville, FL is a consumer and advocate-led project to inform, engage and empower you to feel comfortable and even confident in taking a greater role in your own health care. We are a project of the Empowered Patient Coalition 501 c 3 non-profit organization.
Contact us at email@example.com to reach Dr. Fred Southwick or Lisa Auerbach who lead this chapter.
Join us! Become a member of our Facebook group Empowered Patient Coalition – Gainesville, FL for news and updates and to interact with others who share your interest in health care issues.
How can you help?
1. Please attend community seminars which will be posted in the Facebook group.
2. Register for Dr. Southwick’s free Coursera course entitled “Fixing Healthcare Delivery.” Knowledge is power, and this course will provide you with a deep understanding of both the problems and the solutions. You can become part of the solution!
3. Complete our anonymous Gainesville Area Hospital Satisfaction Survey
We believe that excellent tools, technologies and strategies empower people to be better informed and more engaged in every health care encounter. To that end, we have worked for over a decade creating patient education resources and building relationships in the advocacy community.
Please sign on for a free membership at www.EngagedPatients.org to access all of our (and other) patient education and engagement resources.
We are creating a coalition of people who engage in their own medical care in partnership with their health care providers and who are committed to sharing their knowledge and experiences to improve health care for all.
1. Build a coalition of community members focused on improving the quality and the safety of patient care in our Gainesville area health care systems.
2. Share the performance data of our local health care systems and providers to allow patients to make informed medical decisions.
3. Offer educational tools that assist patients and families as they navigate our complex health systems and as they partner with their medical providers.
4. Amplify the voice of patients in the Gainesville area health systems and in the state of Florida.